You are here
Policy Online is a research database and alert service providing free access to full text research reports and papers, statistics and other resources essential for public policy development and implementation in Australia and New Zealand.
- An open access database with over 19,000 research listings
- Publications sourced from over 2,500 organisations and journals in Australia, New Zealand and internationally
- Scholarly research from universities, governments, organisations and think tanks
- A free weekly email newsletter to over 17, 000 subscribers
- Commentary, video, audio, websites, book reviews, events, jobs, courses
Why do readers use policy online?
- The latest policy research delivered to your inbox
- Extensive database of research dating from 2002 with older reports being added
- Free download of full text reports
- User friendly browsing of topics
- Find policy events, jobs and courses
Free email newsletter
With a readership of over 17,000 subscribers, the Policy Online Weekly Briefing provides regular updates on the latest policy research on a local and global scale. The newsletter also provides information on new jobs, events, courses and other resources of interest to the policy research community. Visit - apo.org.au/subscribe
- Government: policy analysts, advisors, administrators, practitioners, politicians
- Education: university researchers and lecturers, teachers, students
- NGO's: research analysts, practitioners, charity and community sector workers
- Corporations and professional practice: health and medical, legal, industry
- Media and information management: journalists, librarians
Policy Online specialises in collecting and cataloguing grey literature*, information and research produced by organisations. We now have over 2,500 sources including:
- Government departments
- Government agencies
- Think tanks
- Academic centres
- International sources
For a full list of organisations go to apo.org.au/sources
Advertise on Policy Online
Advertise on Policy Online and in the Weekly Briefing email newsletter as little as $90. Site listings, newletter banners, site block ads and package deals are also available. Visit - apo.org.au/advertise
Policy Online is a non-profit project sustained by institutional support, grants, partnerships and advertising. Since it was established in 2002, Policy Online has been awarded a number of Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Grants (LIEF) grants, most recently in 2013.
Major supporting partners are Swinburne University of Technology, RMIT University, Victoria University of Wellington, the University of Adelaide and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation. Visit - http://apo.org.au/about/funding-and-support
Contribute to Policy Online by alerting us when your organisation hosts new research. Policy Online also hosts special collections of curated material focusing on particular topics and regions. Take a leadership role in your field by supporting a new collection. Your organisation can also ensure the accessiblilty and longevity of its matierial by requesting that we host a full-text repository of your content.
Keep up to date with Policy Online
Subscribe to the free Policy Online Weekly Briefing and more...
- Weekly Briefing: apo.org.au/subscribe
- RSS Feeds: apo.org.au/rss
- Twitter: twitter.com/ozpolicyonline
- Facebook: facebook.com/AustralianPolicyOnline
Policy Online Blog: apo.org.au/blog
- Advertise: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor: email@example.com
- Phone: (03) 9214 5609
*More information on grey literature is available at our related research project Grey Literature Strategies, an ARC Linkage project (2012 - 2015) developed as a result of the work being undertaken at Policy Online to collect and preserve research content published informally online.
Download the 2 page colour brochure for more information on Policy Online's audience, content and services