This research study, drawing on the views of more than 1200 grantseekers, reveals a huge amount of effort is being wasted on abandoned grant applications, large organisations are increasingly scooping up the small grants too, and pressure is building on local government to shell out more.
Other key findings include:
- corporate grants haven't recovered since the global finance crisis
- far fewer applications from sports/recreation groups
- many funders are still to lift their game with decent feedback to failed applicants
- more grants recipients are being forced to pay for their own evaluation
- some habits of successful grantseekers
- trends in the shift to online-only applications