Associate Director – Economic and Social Advisory, Urbis
Associate Director – Economic and Social Advisory
- Do you want to create positive change in the communities we live?
- Do you want to advance your career with the best in the field, in a multi-disciplinary team of policy experts & leaders?
- Contemporary CBD locations in Melbourne and Sydney – one role available in each office
We have a unique offer, are undergoing strong growth, and have an opportunity for an Associate Director to be a key member in each of our Economic and Social Advisory teams in Sydney and Melbourne.
As an Associate Director specialising in policy analysis, research and evaluation, you will be responsible for designing and leading projects. You will provide evidence and advice to inform policy and practice for a diverse range of clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our team contributes to all areas of public policy including Indigenous affairs, health, education, social services, justice, housing, disability, sustainability and the environment, and urban development.
Who We Are
Urbis is a leading multi-disciplinary professional services firm with the goal of shaping Australian cities and communities for a better future. We bring together the brightest minds, and are proud of our team of practice experts in the fields of economics and public policy, research, urban planning, design, heritage, valuations and transactions.
Our company ethos is based on working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance, delivering innovative solutions grounded in evidence. We value and nurture creativity, agility, intellect, and authenticity in our people.
Are you passionate about creating positive change? Do you have an inquisitive and curious mind? Do you enjoy problem solving and using data to find answers to questions? To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to think strategically and conceptually in order to deliver solutions to policy challenges.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing methodologies to provide evidence and solutions for clients
- Mentoring and developing the next generation of consultants
- Directing research projects and developing evidence-based policy recommendations
- Managing the budgets, timeline and delivery of research projects across a range of sectors and clients
- Providing leadership in all aspects of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Undertaking fieldwork in locations around Australia when required
- Synthesising data captured by various sources of quantitative and qualitative data
- Contributing to the overall management of the Economic and Social Advisory team.
You will have 7+ years’ experience in a similar role with a combination of the following essential technical skills, attributes and experience:
- A significant work history in social research or policy advisory consulting
- High-level conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Ability to design and manage appropriate research methodologies
- Familiarity with relevant policy/legislative issues, challenges and potential solutions
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Proven track record of building new clients and business
- Tertiary qualifications in public policy, social science or related area at a graduate or post graduate level.
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. We are a workplace where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. We are proud of our culture and invest effort in getting it right for the people who work here. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers.
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities
Urbis is an environment that promotes inclusivity, flexibility and diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, go to http://fsr.cvmail.com.au/urbis/main.cfm?page=jobBoard&fo=1&groupType_8=&groupType_40=7916&groupType_74=&filter= and click on “Apply” in the relevant role, or call Rosie Sallman-Betts, HR Consultant on 03 8663 4945.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us. We do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible, however, if we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.