Senior Consultant - Economic and Social Advisory, Urbis
Senior Consultant - Economic and Social Advisory
- Do you want to create positive change in Australian society?
- Do you want to work with the best in the field, in a multi-disciplinary team of policy experts & leaders?
- Contemporary CBD locations in Melbourne and Sydney – one role available in each office
We have a unique offer, are undergoing strong growth, and as a result of expansion have opportunities for a Senior Consultants with an interest in social research and evaluation to join our Economic and Social Advisory teams in both Melbourne and Sydney.
As a Senior Consultant you will contribute your social research and critical analytical skills to providing evidence and advice for a diverse range of clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our team contributes to all areas of public policy including Indigenous affairs, health, education, social services, justice, housing, disability, sustainability and the environment, and urban development.
Who We Are
Urbis is a leading multi-disciplinary professional services firm with the goal of shaping Australian cities and communities for a better future. We bring together the brightest minds, and are proud of our team of practice experts in the fields of economics and public policy, research, urban planning, design, heritage, valuations and transactions.
Our company ethos is based on working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance, delivering innovative solutions grounded in evidence. We value and nurture creativity, agility, intellect, and authenticity in our people.
Are you passionate about creating positive change? Do you have an inquisitive and curious mind? Do you enjoy problem solving and using data to find answers to questions? To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to think critically about evidence and information in order to contribute to solutions for policy challenges, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment delivering high-quality work within deadlines.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking quantitative and/or qualitative research on a wide range of policy topics, including:
- Conducting interviews, focus groups and small workshops
- Developing and implementing survey instruments, including questionnaires, focus group guides and analysis plans
- Conducting reviews of literature and other documentation
- Contributing to tenders and proposals, including methodology design
- Contributing to the management of research projects across a range of sectors, utilising a variety of research techniques
- Managing budgets and timelines for projects as directed
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative analysis, including data cleaning, organisation, manipulation and reporting
You will have 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a combination of the following essential competencies:
- Experience in, and aptitude for, the consulting environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including preparation of high quality written reports
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work demands
- Commitment to delivering high quality advice in response to client requirements
- Understanding of social research principles and methods and the ability to apply them, including project design, fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative research skills, including advanced population and data analysis skills
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. We are a workplace where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. We are proud of our culture and invest effort in getting it right for the people who work here. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers.
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is an environment that promotes inclusivity, flexibility and diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, go to http://fsr.cvmail.com.au/urbis/main.cfm?page=jobBoard&fo=1&groupType_8=&groupType_40=7916&groupType_74=&filter= and click on “Apply” in the relevant role, or call Rosie Sallman-Betts, HR Consultant on 03 8663 4945.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us. We do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible, however, if we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.