Senior Research and Evaluation Officer
- Develop and deliver key Corrections Victoria research and evaluation
- Work in an area that has significant positive impact on the community
- Competitive salary of $92,253 - $111,619 per annum + super
If you have an analytical mind, strong research skills and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs and policy, then this role if for you.
Who we are
In the Strategic Policy and Planning Division of Corrections Victoria we are the analysts, writers, networkers and researchers who help formulate the strategic direction of Corrections Victoria. As a major arm of the Department of Justice and Regulation, Corrections Victoria is a key pillar of the State's criminal justice system and plays a unique role in contributing to the Government's community safety agenda. Our division plays a central role within the organisation in developing and influencing evidence-based correctional policies.
What you'll do
- As the Senior Research and Evaluation Officer, you will work in the Information Management and Evaluation Branch which sits within the Strategic Policy and Planning Division. As part of the Evaluation team you will be responsible for developing and delivering Corrections Victoria research and evaluation.
- The key focus of your role will be to support the development of a strong evidence base for Corrections Victoria policy development through robust evaluation of correctional programs and policies.
We have some exciting new projects underway, which include:
- Implementing the Corrections Victoria Evaluation Framework
- Undertaking a range of in-house research and evaluation projects
- Commissioning and managing research or evaluation projects undertaken by external experts
- Providing advice on ethical issues that may arise in the conduct of research involving prisoners and offenders
What we look for
If you have an analytical mind, a head for data, strong research and writing skills and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs and policy, then you will fit right in.
Click on the APPLY button to find out more
Applications close 24 September 2017
At the Department of Justice and Regulation, our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to employ people of any gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, with a disability, and varied cultural backgrounds. In addition, we have a firm commitment to increase participation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people across our workforce.
The department is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and recognises that children’s rights need to be respected, their views welcomed and valued, and their concerns taken seriously and acted upon.