This report documents a mixed methods research study, the aims of which were to:
- Identify major contributors and pathways into and out of homelessness for LGBTIQ people;
- Investigate their experiences of current homelessness service provision;
- Examine current practice (including data collection) and best practice to ensure homelessness services are LGBTIQ inclusive; and
- Make the project findings available to influence homelessness and mental health policy initiatives, services, and training on specific issues for LGBTIQ people.
The main research questions were:
- What are the pathways into and out of homelessness that are specific to being LGBTIQ?
- How can homelessness services best serve the specific needs of LGBTIQ people?
- How does Australian housing and homelessness policy need to change in order to become more inclusive of LGBTIQ people?