You are here
National infrastructure data collection and dissemination plan: consultation draft
The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE) is leading the development of a National Infrastructure Data Collection and Dissemination Plan (Data Plan), with assistance from an expert Steering Group made up of transport, infrastructure and data experts from the private and public sector.
The Data Plan will improve and coordinate information and data collection across key transport and infrastructure stakeholders, and provide improved and more timely information for infrastructure investment decisions and monitoring of the performance of Australia's infrastructure networks. Developing opportunities to harness new data sources (including ‘Big Data’) from emerging data sources is a key part of the Plan's development.
The Draft Data Plan includes case studies illustrating how data can be used to address infrastructure data and information gaps.
BITRE is particularly interested in receiving input from individuals and organisations on the following aspects of the Draft Data Plan:
- Key statistical and information sources, and data and information gaps.
- Prioritised Enduring Questions.
- Draft infrastructure and freight performance measures.
- Priorities for improving infrastructure data sharing and accessibility.
- Ideas for priority projects that relate to data gaps associated with prioritised Enduring Questions.
Formal submissions may be made by email or mail by 1 November 2017.