You are here
Report on the review of the national Landcare program
22 Jun 2017
The Australian government conducted a review in 2016 to inform future investment in natural resource management.
Evidence considered in this review includes:
- more than 900 responses from a stakeholder survey undertaken during 2016
- independent financial analysis of Natural Heritage Trust funding from 1996–97 to 2017–18
- advice from the National Landcare Advisory Committee
- analysis and advice from natural resource management experts through a workshop run by the Australian National University’s Fenner School
- submissions from government and non-government organisations
- advice from government program delivery officers
- analysis of project-based monitoring and reporting data and case studies from the National Landcare Program and previous natural resource management programs
- earlier program reviews, evaluations and reports
- formal and informal discussions with a range of interested stakeholders
- other relevant sources and literature.