Despite efforts to close the gap, Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population keeps suffering from increased mental health issues.
Reports show that the proportion of Indigenous adults experiencing high or very high psychological distress is almost three times the proportion for non-Indigenous adults. And the suicide rate among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is twice the rate of non-Indigenous people.
The 2nd National Indigenous Mental Health & Wellbeing Forum has been developed together with community and industry leaders to provide attendees with practical tools to tackle mental health issues within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Community and industry leaders from across the country will share their successful case studies on how to improve services and outcomes through better engagement, assessment and treatment.
Attend this practical forum and learn how to:
- Develop culturally appropriate service delivery programmes that better meet the needs of Indigenous people
- Provide accessible pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to receive support
- Create community-based approaches to improve mental health outcomes
- Successfully engage with communities and Elders to understand the community culture and its needs
- Educate mainstream staff to better engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Create employment opportunities and career pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees in the mental health sector
- Develop cross-sector partnerships to share resources and increase outreach
APO subscribers recieve an exclusive 10% discount off the current price! Quote VIP code: WPXAPO
Find out more and register @ http://bit.ly/GOV44APO