The NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft sees a number of proposed changes resulting from major project work done by the ABCB and the Proposal for change (PFC) process. These changes aim to deliver a contemporary code without compromising minimum standards for buildings and plumbing systems.
Some of these key changes include:
- New quantified performance metrics and Verification Methods;
- Improved fire safety measures;
- Removing the ability to use bonded laminated material where a non-combustible material is required (further information is in the supporting overview document);
- Increased levels of energy efficiency for commercial buildings;
- Revised Acceptable Construction Practices (ACPs) in NCC Volume Two;
- New Acceptable Plumbing Practices (APPs) in NCC Volume Three; and
- Improved readability including standardised Governing Requirements across the NCC.
The full details of the changes are provided in NCC Public Comment Draft. In addition, some of the proposed changes have supporting materials further explaining them.
Feedback is invited on the proposed changes by COB Friday,13 April 2018
APO Editor's note:
Full text is not being made available here at APO because versions are expected to change frequently. Hence we are providing you with the link to the ABCB's website instead.