2 Day Workshop
Interactive learning suitable for practitioners at all levels. Learn from experts with years of policy experience at all levels.
Co-author of the highly-acclaimed and longstanding Australia Policy Handbook, Peter Bridgman leads a two-day immersion in policy advice and production. Along with experienced policy professional, Nonie Malone, this is a workshop delivered by practitioners, not academics, and tailored to the work on your desk right now.
- Develop new policy skills and build on your existing skills
- Understand why developing policy advice is hard
- Come away with new tools and frameworks to improve your analysis
- Navigate the complex policy environment
- Distinguish the elements of good policy and learn from policy failure
- Know how to engage stakeholders effectively
- See how policy practitioners lead and manage policy
- Develop confidence in planning and execution for effective implementation and evaluation
- Explore the interface between research, evidence, analysis, implementation and evaluation
- Know how to balance control and flexibility to deal with uncertainty
Free copy of The Australian Policy Handbook
An invaluable guide for practitioners, academics and students to the craft of policy analysis, development and evaluation. It is an important resource for those with a commitment to sound evidence-based public policy. Professor Ken Smith, ANZSOG Dean and CEO
An enduring and important contribution to the field. Althaus, Bridgman and Davis’ pioneering policy cycle approach continues to offer vital insights into the policy-making process in Australia and internationally. Lisa Paul AP PSM, Former Secretary of the Department of Education