2 Day Workshop
Sound policy process can become elusive.
Learn the practical application of specially adapted project management tools and methodologies to achieve good policy and program development and to deliver better policy and program outcomes. Work with project management expert and former senior public servant, Craig Robinson and policy development experts Peter Bridgman (Australian Policy Handbook - now 6th edition) and Nonie Malone. Plan your own projects/programs in the workshop to deliver tangible value from the time out of the workplace.
- Know why and how to use project and program management for optimal policy process and outcomes
- Apply program and project management techniques and tools to your own projects
- Develop capability to manage projects and programs in a constantly changing environment
- Explore the reasons for policy failure and ways to avoid and respond to early signs
- Come away with stakeholder engagement and management tools and techniques
- Understand how to plan and execute evaluations to maximise outcomes
- Learn how to manage time, quality, people and political pressures
- Enhance your leadership ability
- Know how to balance control and flexibility to deal with uncertainty
Participants from a previous workshop said:
"I had high expectations and wasn’t disappointed."
"I especially liked small group, tips/tools, ability to use something relevant to my work in a practical way."
"The applications and ideas will definitely be influencing my practice!"
"Thank you – this linked very well with last week’s Tools & Skills presentation. A great combination."