There is widespread recognition that Australia needs more affordable housing – but how can we make this a reality and support the growth of this highly engaged sector?
This national conference, informed by brand new AHURI research examines affordable housing from all angles:
- What government policies have already worked in Australia and are they replicable?
- How have the US and UK used the planning system to build more affordable housing and can Australia do the same?
- What models have worked to best to engage the private sector deliver more affordable housing projects?
Key topics to be covered at the conference include:
- What does the latest research tell us? Presenting findings from the soon to be completed AHURI Inquiry–Increasing affordable housing supply: evidence-based principles and strategies for Australian policy and practice.
- The role of governments–including the latest on the Australian Government’s supply solutions–the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation and related programs; successful state/territory strategies that have increased supply; and local government planning levers to boost supply.
- The role of the sector–what do Community Housing Providers identify as the opportunities to increase the supply of affordable housing and increase their property portfolios?
- Examining integration–a big picture examination of how government, CHPs and private industry can work together to realise growth.
Who should attend?
- This is a national conversation, and we encourage policy makers and practitioners from across Australia to join us, including:
- Federal and state/territory government policy makers from the housing, social policy, planning, infrastructure, treasury, finance and human service sectors
- Community housing leaders and practitioners
- Private sector practitioners – property developers, urban planners, builders, financiers, designers and architects, real estate professionals
- Peak industry representatives (community housing, social services etc) and sectors with an interest in affordable housing (homelessness, Indigenous, disability etc).
Date: Tuesday 29 May 2018
Time: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Venue: The Canberra Rex Hotel
$375 including GST (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)