A recent Audit workshop, centred around the draft of a forthcoming Audit Report by Joo-Cheong Tham and Sally Young, brought together Australian and international experts, electoral commissioners, former auditors-general and political party representatives. The draft Audit Report, workshop papers and further information are available online. The papers include:
• Graeme Orr – Government Advertising: Informational or Self-Promotional?
• Peter Van Onselen – It’s Time? Reforming Political Financing in Australia
• Andrew Geddis – The Regulation of Campaign Financing in Canada and New Zealand
• Keith Ewing & N. S. Ghaleigh – Donations to Political Parties in the United Kingdom
• Tony Harris – The Auditor-General’s Role in Politics
• Sen Andrew Murray – Guaranteed Failure: It’s Just Never the Right Time for Funding Reform