Are you looking to work in a progressive forward thinking organisation? The most beautiful District in New Zealand is currently experiencing a high growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results-driven professionals like you.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 350 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $550m over ten years, we are a major part of the District’s economy.
Queenstown is nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and is rated as one of the World’s top destinations. Queenstown is renowned for its four distinctive seasons which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails Queenstown has to offer during the summer months. Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
The Corporate Policy Advisor role is responsible for the development of all Corporate Services policies and for monitoring policies, strategies and bylaws across the organisation. The role will provide expert research, advice and options to the Council, whilst also being responsible for the preparation of submissions to other organisations. Effective relationship management will be central to the role in building a collaborative policy network within QLDC and building an inclusive policy community of key stakeholders around significant issues.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Relationship Building
- Policy Process Management
- Policy Advice
- Research and Analysis
- Policy Administration
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree level qualification in Public Policy, Public Management or a related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience of operating in a policy capacity in a governmental or quasi-governmental organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to present topics to the public, politicians, professionals, environment court and formal / informal meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Extensive networks in, and credibility within the wider stakeholder community.
- Highly motivated, achievement-orientated and innovative mind set.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs
Applications Close: 3-June-2018