Due to ongoing transformation occurring within the Australian Public Service, there is a greater need for effective leadership performance across all levels. Public sector leaders are now required to undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in an autonomous and strategic manner. As such, emerging leaders eager to take their career to the next level must be equipped with the appropriate tools and strategies to achieve success. This is particularly true at the APS 5-6 banded level, which increasingly requires greater strategic awareness and effective engagement with senior leadership.
Aimed at APS 5-6 level officers and management, this two-day workshop will provide an opportunity to advance core skills and explore the emerging leadership capabilities required for effective APS 5-6 level management. It will explore the core attributes for successful leadership within the Australian Public Service. It will also delve into the practical strategies relating to leading productive teams, improving decision-making and developing key skills of stakeholder engagement. These areas are of increasing importance for APS 5-6 level management leaders to perform at a higher level and to reach their full potential.
This interactive workshop will provide participants with a unique professional development opportunity to enhance and refine a solid toolkit. It is ideal for career-driven individuals who aim to unlock their potential and advance their career within the Australian Public Service.
Take your seat at this sought-after development opportunity with an APO members discount: 10% Off the standard rate when you use the booking code APSW1118A - QA
- Identifying and developing your capabilities as a confident and successful Public Sector leader
- Building productive relationships and leading proficient, capable teams
- Leveraging your emotional intelligence to advance as a leader
- Practical, autonomous and effective decision-making processes
- Career planning and pathways in APS roles
- Driving strategic change to improve procedures and meet agency goals
- Maintaining internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Strategies to identify problems and implement effective problem-solving solutions
- Implementing agile and effective change management strategies
Martin Brooker, Founder, Quench Group
Founder and Director of the Quench Group, Martin specialises in helping individuals and organisations realise their potential through personal and organisational change. He shares his real-life experiences from both leadership positions and leading culture change to explore the challenges of leadership and addressing what he believes to be key lessons for all leaders who want to be authentic
Phone: 61 2 8239 9700
Booking Code: APSL1118A - QA