The International Institute for Communications (IIC) enables balanced, open dialogue about the issues that affect the policy agenda and responses to the opportunities and challenges that arise from the constantly evolving digital ecosystem.
Telecommunications and Media Forums (TMFs) are a series of international events held regionally by the IIC.
The TMF Sydney will feature speakers including:
- Senior Research Fellow, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford, Robert G Picard (Prof)
- Chair of the ACCC, Rod Sims
- Chair of the ACMA, Nerida O’Loughlin
- Chair of the Productivity Commission, Peter Harris
- Secretary of the Department of Communications, Mike Mrdak
- CEO of the NZ Broadcasting Standards Authority, Belinda Moffat
- Head of the Australian Cyber Security Centre, Alastair MacGibbon
- Head of Government Relations Asia-Pacific, Japan & India, Nokia, Guillaume Mascot
- President of the IIC, Chris Chapman
- Director of Public Policy, Government Relations & Strategy, Google, APAC, Barbara Navarro
- Director of Entertainment & Specialist, ABC, David Anderson
Additional speakers are featured on the event website and will continue to be added as confirmed.
Some forum themes include:
- Regulatory Principles: Can principles keep up with practice?
- Regulating for compeitition: Stepping up for platforms and stepping back from media
- Content in global markets: Regulation, development and digital trade
- Autopilot - AI, transport and risk management
- Transformation in the Telco industry
- Renewal of public investment in communicatin infrastructure - for and against
- Cyber-security in the post-trust, IOT era: Rules and tools of engagement
- Data use and privacy: Will the EU wave reach distant shores?
For further information about this event please contact:
Phone: 0421 059 866