Australasia's Definitive and Independent CAT Risk Event. Delivered by the industry's leading CAT risk thought leaders, the 4th Biennial CAT Risk Management & Modelling Australasia 2018 brings together leading international and local CAT risk experts to address the challenges that the re/insurance industry faces today. Coming to Sydney 22-23 August 2018. Visit the event website for more information.
As Analysis & Policy Observatory is a valued partner of ours, we would like to give you the opportunity to attend this event at a discounted rate by using our media partner discount. To receive the discount, QUOTE APO-10 WHEN REGISTERING TO SAVE 10%. Register online here.
Key benefits of attending the conference include:
- Assess the impact and evolution of 2017 major CAT events (Mexico Earthquake, California Wildfires, and Hurricanes Harvey, Imra and Maria) within CAT models with JLT Re.
- Learn how updated Australia Cyclone models from CoreLogic, Risk Frontiers, RMS and COMBUS stack up against each other as they go under the microscope in our now industry renowned in-depth model comparison session.
- Hear the latest updates on Geoscience Australia’s (GA) new 2018 earthquake model from GA’s Leader of the National Seismic Hazard Assessment Project before assessing the impact of changes on re/insurers with Willis Re, Guy Carpenter and Aon Benfield.
- Compare models with experts from Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC, CSIRO, Finity Consulting and Risk Frontiers to gain the latest insights on bushfire risk management and modelling.
- Uncover how reinsurance buying is changing the focus of risk management with Allianz Australia, Munich Re, Suncorp and Youi Insurance.
- Assess the cyber accumulation threat with Willis Re, Marsh, Sparke Helmore Lawyers, Gen Re and Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance.
- Maximise the potential of ILS in the re/insurance industry and rethink alternative ways to match risk to capital with Arbor Partners.
Top speakers include:
- Dickie Whitaker, Chairman, Oasis Loss Modelling Framework
- Andrew Hulme, Head of Analytics, Australia & New Zealand, JLT Re
- Michael Barkhausen, Executive Director, Head of Catastrophe Analytics, Australia and New Zealand, Willis Re
- Peter Cheesman, Head of Analytical Services, Aon Benfield
- Rob Fortune, Senior Vice President Analytics, Guy Carpenter
- James Basman, Head, Capital Management, Allianz Australia
- Mark Leplastrier, Executive Manager – Natural Perils, IAG
- Kate Lyons, Executive Manager Reinsurance Strategy and Operations, Suncorp