Victoria is a strong, prosperous and vibrant community. Few, if any, of the challenges we confront are genuinely unable to be overcome. Working together, we have the expertise and affluence to deliver a good life for every Victorian.
Overcoming the state’s challenges requires two key ingredients: the commitment, vision and determination of our political leaders, and the authentic involvement of the wider Victorian community.
This document presents a vision for Victoria that has the attainment of ‘a good life’ at its core.
VCOSS believes a good life should be central to the policy platform of every political party contesting the 2018 Victorian election.
- Everyone instinctively grasps the concept of a good life. It means:
- having a safe and affordable place to call home
- affording the basics, paying for food, energy, transport and general costs of living
- having a great education to grow and develop our talents, leading to a job with security and a decent wage
- prioritising health, with support to recover from illness and manage disabilities
- living free from violence, abuse and neglect, and
- being part of a community with friends and loved ones.