The NSW Government recently released the Greater Sydney Region and District Plans, setting ambitious targets to house tens of thousands of new households expected to call the Eastern City and South Districts home over the next two decades. With significant urban redevelopment and densification already underway, Sydney faces a significant challenge to house a growing population in a way that meets community expectations for liveability, housing affordability, local infrastructure, amenities and services.
As local governments and communities grapple with planning for the housing needs of the future, be part of the conversation, join the Hon. Anthony Roberts MP, NSW Minister for Planning and Minister for Housing and Lucy Hughes Turnbull AO, Chief Commissioner Greater Sydney Commission at the Cities for Us Summit.
The Cities For Us summit will bring together some of the best minds from across the planning, housing, finanace and development sectors, and leading economists and academics for robust discussion on actions, frameworks and solutions that will;.
- Promote collaborative governance for the implementation of District Plan priorities
- Advocate and influence funding for the delivery of local infrastructure and amenity
- Identify impacts of density on low socio-economic groups
- Explore the feasibility of affordable housing and housing affordability in urban redevelopment and renewal precincts
- Identify density and liveability issues for further investigation
Be part of the debate and explore the solutions for how we create a city that is liveable for all.