Carers NSW are pleased to announce the Carers NSW 2018 Biennial Conference ‘Caring: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow’ will be held on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 October 2018 at the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park.
We would like to invite individuals and organisations to submit an abstract on innovative projects or research currently being worked on.
Individuals and organisations are invited to submit an abstract to deliver a:
- 20 minute oral presentation
- Visual poster presentation
- 40 – 60 minute workshop presentation
All presentations need to address one or more of the Conference themes:
- Connectivity: developing and utilising technology and innovative practice in connecting carers to services and supports, information and importantly to each other
- Inclusion: enhancing inclusion and promotion of choice and participation in education, employment, community and social activities
- Resilience: recognising and building the capabilities of carers and their networks to navigate complex service systems, and manage the financial and emotional challenges of caring.
All proposals will be reviewed by members of the Carers NSW 2018 Biennial Conference Program Committee.
Preference will be given to authors who can demonstrate that their paper has undergone considerable development, is based on evidence and experience, and promotes reflection on practice.
- The closing date for abstracts is Friday 20 July 2018.
- Authors will be notified by e-mail of the outcome of their abstract by Friday 10 August 2018.
Authors are encouraged to read the guidelines for submission of abstracts.
Information regarding the conference, themes and submission of abstracts including the online abstract submission form can be accessed via www.carersnsw.org.au/conf2018
For conference enquiries please email email@example.com or contact the Conference Coordinator on 02 9280 4744
A copy of the Call For Abstracts flyer is also attached with information regarding conference focus, themes and target audience is attached.