Do you have a passion to lead, drive and deliver the provision of analytical, evaluation and appraisal services in a central agency?
Executive role with an attractive remuneration package
Location flexible - Sydney or Orange
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government. Our mission is to enhance the lives of the people of NSW by driving priorities, brokering outcomes and delivering programs and services.
We support the Premier and Deputy Premier, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
Working with us will give you a broad overview in areas such as public policy formulation, public administration and state administrative matters and an opportunity to be involved in a range of state-wide policies, issues and projects.
For more information go to http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/about/about_the_department.
About the Role
In this key Senior Executive role, you will lead the provision of strategic economic advice on major policy issues and the provision of analytical, evaluation and appraisal services for the department. This will involve establishing, maintaining and leading respected centres of excellence for economic research and modelling, data analytics, program evaluation and investment appraisal services.
You will also lead reforms that drive the Government’s economic agenda and support the Government in implementing its strategy on matters that are a Government priority, have a whole-of-government impact or are of State or intergovernmental significance.
A bit about you
- You have demonstrated, high level experience in leading teams of economists and analysts to provide services to a broad range of stakeholders.
- You have appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated, relevant equivalent professional experience and training.
- You have demonstrated expertise in economic research and/or modelling, data analytics, evaluation or appraisal.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum two pages] addressing the two targeted questions below.
- an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
- Tell me about a time when you needed to represent the organisation in a critical negotiation with senior stakeholders that had ambiguous and conflicting positions. What went well? What difficulties did you have?
- Give an example of where you have provided high level strategic management, leadership and direction to your organisation to promote high quality service in relation to programs or business initiatives?
Learn more: Please review the Role Description (BELOW). For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Amy Brown on (02) 9228 3919, or email Amy.Brown@dpc.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Tuesday 24 July 2018 (11:59 PM)
Salary: Senior Executive Band 2. Total remuneration package will be discussed upon an offer of a role.
Help: Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact the I work for NSW helpdesk on 1800 562 679
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: DPC is a White Ribbon accredited organisation and is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. Diverse workforces are more innovative, productive and increase the delivery of high-quality services. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, other diversity groups, and women.
Location: Sydney Region-Sydney City
Work Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Total Remuneration Package: Senior Executive Band 2. Total remuneration package will be discussed upon an offer of a role.
Contact Amy Brown - (02) 9228 3919
Closing Date: 24-Jul-2018
Job Category: Director
Organisation: Department of Premier and Cabinet
Job reference: Executive Director Economic Analysis - 00006BNI