Senior Policy Officer
ACECQA is an organisation that assists governments to implement the National Quality Framework for children's education and care.
We work with governments to support the children's education and care sector to improve quality outcomes, and monitor and promote consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Law.
How do we do it?
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments.
We are looking for a Senior Policy Officer to identify and analyse regulatory policy and practice issues, and develop practical solutions. The Senior Policy Officer will review, interpret and provide advice on legislation, manage projects and draft briefs, reports and policy papers.
We have three ongoing positions available at ACECQA Band 5/6 ($83,933 - $118,145).
For the full position descriptions please go to acecqa.gov.au/work-with-us
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a separate document that provides details showing how you meet the selection criteria listed below.
Please send to Human Resources at ACECQA via email email@example.com. The closing date for all applications is 11.59 pm Thursday 23 August 2018.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to work with legislation and associated materials
- Excellent writing skills, including experience preparing submissions or similar
- Effective teamwork skills including the ability to achieve results and outcomes in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the state and territory governments and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and negotiate confidently
- Proven ability to contribute to policy development and project management
Highly desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
7. Knowledge of current trends, issues and policy in the education and care or related sectors.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 02 8240 4216.
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.