Family violence is against the law and the Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR) is committed to addressing family violence in Victoria.
The Royal Commission into Family Violence Implementation and Co-ordination Unit manages the Department's response to the Royal Commission findings.
The new Family Violence Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (known as MARAM) will deliver a comprehensive approach to risk assessment and management, setting out minimum requirements, roles and responsibilities, and include assessment tools and practice guidance for family violence identification, risk assessment and risk management.
About the role
As the MARAM Expert Advisor, you will lead practice reform and provide expert advice to relevant DJR business units who are working toward alignment with the MARAM. You will work with business change managers in prioritised areas throughout the alignment process, providing them with the technical knowledge of the MARAM to support effective change.
In the role, you will also:
- provide expert advice that informs the alignment of business unit policies, procedures, practice guidance and tools with the MARAM
- coordinate and prepare the annual progress report on MARAM implementation and alignment
- develop and maintain strategic partnerships with government departments and external stakeholders across the justice system.
Please note this is a fixed term, full time opportunity until June 30, 2019.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- expert knowledge of the Family Violence Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (MARAM) and evidence based risk indicators of family violence
- advanced ability to analyse risk frameworks, including family violence risk frameworks currently in use within the justice and forensic systems against the MARAM risk indicators to determine alignment
- proven success in applying knowledge to achieve sustainable practice improvement across multiple and complex environments
- practice experience including significant practice knowledge of family violence and perpetrator engagement, with operational knowledge of the family violence service system and the justice sector.
How to apply
Please click here
Applications should include a resume, covering letter and must address each of the key selection criteria listed on the position description. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.