ARTD is looking to appoint an experienced disability sector consultant to support our work in social inclusion and disability sector transformation. The role will suit someone with experience working with people with disability and their families and a passion for improving their experiences through co-design approaches.
You will work closely with a Director to support disability policy development and evaluation projects to meet business objectives and income targets. Depending on your current skills and experience, you will be provided with the support required to manage a portfolio of clients or support to develop your own portfolio.
ARTD is committed to the professional growth of its staff and you will be supported to develop a plan for your own professional development.
- As a member of project teams, manage tasks to the required standards, with accountability to a Director, including:
- develop and maintain project plans in consultation with the project team
- undertake research, evaluation and facilitation tasks
- design and manage agreed components of a project (e.g. survey design and/or administration and/or qualitative interviews and theme analysis)
- coordinate project activities to ensure projects will meet the budget and
- coordinate and prepare project deliverables
- alert the Director to risks as they arise.
- Coordinate and contribute to tenders for projects
- Manage professional relationships with clients
- Contribute to ARTD as a learning organisation, including further building your own expertise in the disability sector, sharing knowledge, coaching, developing methods and tools, and improving practices
- Contribute to ARTD as a quality business through managing tasks in office administration, system development and marketing
- Maintain records required for administration, quality and reporting systems
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the ARTD Directors/ Partners.
Key knowledge, competencies and attributes
- A passion for working with people with disability and their families to design, refine and review disability policy and services
- Familiarity with NDIS policy
- An understanding of how to make consultations accessible and experience consulting with people with disability of all types (including people with intellectual disability)
- Critical thinking, conceptual and analytical ability
- Manage a range of projects from simple to complex (to quality, time and budget)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced technical skill or strong generalist (Survey design, basic statistics, data visualisation, interview/focus group skills, facilitation) for data collection and analysis
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook including the ability to use or commitment to learn how to use MS Word and Excel and in-house templates
- Effective time management skills, juggling multiple tasks to competing deadlines
- Value working as part of a team, producing high quality work.
- Understanding of program logic, theory of change
- Experience working with peer researchers.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualification or commensurate professional experience in social sciences or other relevant discipline, e.g. sociology, policy, anthropology, development studies, psychology, economics
- Experience working with people with disability and their families to design, refine and review disability policy and services
ARTD General Conditions of Employment apply. You will be eligible for a performance-linked bonus based on the achievement of the ARTD consultancy income targets.
Preferably Melbourne - however Sydney candidates will also be considered.