A Research Analyst at ARTD is responsible for contributing to projects to deliver quality products and services, meet business objectives and help maintain ARTD’s reputation and the quality of our services.
The role involves supporting senior staff across multiple evaluations and other consultancy projects in a wide range of subject areas. The role will suit a proactive, curious person with an interest in research and evaluation who has some basic research skills and excellent attention to detail. ARTD is committed to the professional growth of its staff and you will be supported by senior staff to develop a plan for your own professional development within the scope of available projects, interests and existing skills/work experience.
- Assist senior staff to write high quality reports and produce other research outputs to a high standard
- Undertake basic quantitative and/or qualitative data entry, management and analysis
- Support senior staff during workshops by taking notes and providing administrative assistance
- Accurately take notes, meeting minutes and type interview transcripts
- Proofing and formatting of proposals and reports
- Contribute to ARTD as a learning organisation including sharing knowledge, developing methods and tools, and improving practices
- Contribute to ARTD as a quality business through tasks in office administration and marketing
- Maintain records required for administration, quality and reporting systems
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the ARTD Directors.
Key knowledge, competencies and attributes
- Critical thinking, conceptual and analytical ability
- Experience and/or interest in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook including the ability to use or commitment to learn how to use MS Word and Excel in-house templates
- Attention to detail
- Interest in research and evaluation, contributing to social policy
- Active listening, asking questions and clarifying instructions when necessary
- Effective time management skills, juggling multiple tasks to competing deadlines
- Value working as part of a team, producing high quality work.
Qualifications and experience
Qualification or commensurate professional experience in social sciences or other relevant discipline, e.g. sociology, policy, anthropology, development studies, psychology, economics
ARTD General Conditions of Employment apply. You will be eligible for a performance-linked bonus based on the achievement of the ARTD consultancy income targets.
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the position criteria (two pages max) to Sarah Schofield, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday October 1.