Over the past two years, the New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research (NZIPR) has been connecting and engaging with key research communities to promote and support excellence in Pacific research. This has been reflected by the great range of NZIPR projects that have expanded our understanding about the Pacific and its opportunities and challenges. As from these projects and our commitment to a collaborative model, it has shown that we are successful in research and transformation when we honour our relationships in such ways: teu le va.
This coming November, we invite you to join us on this two-day conference which aims to showcase Pacific research from throughout the region, enhance Pacific research networks, and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
The conference will encompass a dynamic two day programme with research informed papers addressing contemporary policy issues. The preliminary themes for the conference programme are:
- Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
- Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
- Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
- Pacific innovations: research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
- Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
- New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influences
- Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes.
- Energy, resilience and sustainability in the Pacific
For information on submitting abstracts, registrations and more - please visit our conference website here!