The 2018 annual conference will be held on Friday 9 November at Te Papa Museum, Wellington.
The registration desk will be open from 7.30am. The conference will start at 9am and conclude at 5.15pm.
The conference will be followed by a networking function from 5.15pm - 6.15pm at Te Papa.
The theme for the conference is ‘Improving people's lives through effective policy’.
Ensuring policies are effective and achieve the desired impacts is harder than it seems. The conference will explore how economic analysis can help us to advise governments on the best ways to improve the quality of people's lives.
2018 GEN Conference speakers are:
• Lord Gus O'Donnell, Former British Cabinet Secretary
• Professor Stephen Jenkins, London School of Economics and Political Science
• Professor Allan McConnell, University of Sydney
• Professor Jeroen van der Heijden, Victoria University of Wellington
• Danielle Wood, The Budget Policy and Institutional Reform Program Director at Grattan Institue, Australia
• Murray Sherwin, Chair, NZ Productivity Commission, Wellington
• Judge Andrew Becroft, Children's Commissioner
Registrations are now open! Early Registration Discounts will apply until 5 October 2018.