This report is provides examples of practice that illustrate the use of authentic learning and simulations in post-graduate and on-campus learning environments, especially when applied national security policy education.
It examines the following areas:
- The place of authentic learning in postgraduate education.
- The methods used to simulate policy development, and related activities like strategy planning, in educational environments relevant to national security policy-making.
- Policy simulation methods that could enhance learning at the College and similar institutions, including teaching skills, technology and resource implications.
- The roles of technology in enhancing learning in policy development simulations.
- Ways to assess learning effectiveness through simulation.