The document reports on a scoping study which investigated the professional training and development needs of architects, landscape architects, planners and engineers in climate change adaptation through engaging relevant accrediting institutions in an action inquiry process. The project sought to go further than a normal scoping study would, as it aimed to also assist the professional institutions involved to begin to think about, and take action on, professional development in climate change adaptation.
This document highlights:
• the need for education in climate change adaptation for built environment professionals
• the current status of education for climate change adaptation in Australian tertiary institutions and in continuing professional development programs
• how the project led to organisational change and initiatives that promoted education about and for climate change
• the outcomes of the project both for the individual professional institutions and collectively
• project findings and recommendations for promoting education in climate change adaptation.