You are here
ACMA has published this guide with general information about SVOD services.
Our appetite for subscription video on demand (SVOD) services—commonly known as ‘streaming’—is growing exponentially. Since early 2015, almost two million Australians have subscribed to SVOD services.
To help you make informed choices about your SVOD service, we’ve published this short guide, full of helpful tips and general information about SVOD services in Australia including:
- What are SVOD services?
- Who offers SVOD services in Australia?
- What internet-enabled devices can I use to access SVOD services?
- What’s the difference between SD, HD and ultra HD content?
- How can I compare different SVOD providers?
- Does the type of internet access I have affect my SVOD service?
- What is buffering?
- What is captioning and is it available on SVOD services?
- What is a parental lock and is it available on SVOD services?
- What are my rights when using SVOD services? How can I make a complaint about SVOD services?
- Where can I get further information about SVOD services?