City of Melbourne’s open data platform features publicly available City of Melbourne datasets to explore, export, visualise or map.
Are you a Change Maker?
Are you interested in building evidence for a particular cause and influencing decision makers? You can use this data to make a difference in your community by:
- analysing indicators and trends to understand how well issues you care about are being addressed
- drawing out interesting evidence in order to advocate for your community and interests
- combining datasets to create new knowledge, insights and applications
Are you a Researcher?
Are you undertaking research or planning to work with the City of Melbourne to undertake research? You can use this data to:
- carry out simulations or modelling
- as a base for secondary analytical research
- to compare with data from other sources and from other cities
Are you an Entrepreneur or want to become one?
Are you looking to start a new service or business in Melbourne and want to learn from this data, or incorporate it into an app? You can use this data to:
- solve community or societal problems
- demonstrate an alternative way of providing a government service
- start a side business or launch a startup
Are you a future focused Planner?
Are you scheduling works or coordinating events and want to know what else is on? You can use this data to:
- explore and export data to create and test scenarios and hypotheses
- plan effectively knowing what is happening around you
- add this data to existing applications that you use