Health Performance Council (SA)
The Health Performance Council (HPC) is a statutory Ministerial advisory body and is South Australia’s only review body providing expert monitoring of population health outcomes and health system performance that supports accountability, information transparency and public trust.
HPC responsibilities under the Health Care Act 2008 (the Act) are:
- Provide advice to the Minister about:
- the operation of the health system
- health outcomes for South Australians and, as appropriate, for particular population groups
- the effectiveness of methods used within the health system to engage communities and individuals in improving their health outcomes.
- Provide reports to the Minister in accordance with the requirements of the Act.