In the 24 months to June 2016, two of the 17 major offences showed a significant upward trend across NSW, nine were trending downward and the remaining six offences were stable. The offences trending upward were steal from retail store (up 6.3%) and fraud (up 1.7%).
The offences trending down were:
- murder (down 32.1%);
- robbery without a weapon (down 25.9%);
- robbery with a firearm (down 41.7%);
- robbery with a weapon not a firearm (down 22.2%);
- break and enter dwelling (down 7.2%);
- motor vehicle theft (down 12.6%);
- steal from dwelling (down 6.6%);
- steal from person (down 9.9%);
- malicious damage to property (down 3.2%).