Australian Cities Research Network
Australian cities and their regions are complex adaptive systems in which the most interesting research and policy issues cut across disciplinary boundaries.
Profound problems face all cities including the security of energy and water supplies, air and water pollution, waste management, the wellbeing of residents, social polarisation and change, the impact of labour market restructuring and crises in their transport systems.
- Sponsors and sustains multi- and trans-disciplinary research into these problems,
- Explores the reasons for the form and structure of our cities and regions,
- Develops a communication path between academics, industry and government,
- Develops better evidence based city and regional policies,
- Identifies new opportunities for the development of cities and regions consistent with the pursuit of environmental sustainability.