The 24th Annual Australian Association for Professional & Applied Ethics (AAPAE) Conference, hosted by the University of Technology Sydney Institute for Public Policy and Governance from 21 to 23 June 2017, calls for abstracts and papers related to the central theme of Applied Ethics in the Fractured State and other issues in applied ethics and the professions. Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- The limits of authority in plural societies;
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);
- The role of statutory organisations and other quasi-state organisations;
- Issues of professionalism (regulation; closure) in a range of organisations;
- The state and religion;
- Policing for the state;
- Ethics and the economy/state relations;
- Leadership and governance;
- The necessity for government in militating environmental degradation;
- Representations of authority and its contestation in law, science and art.
Abstract submissions are due by 1 June 2017.
Please check the Conference website for details of substantial registration discounts. Early Bird registration is available until 30 April 2017.