Working at Cape York Partnership offers you a rare opportunity to make a real difference while advancing your career in a high-functioning organisation.
You will enjoy great employee benefits, responsive management, and work with a dedicated and professional team driving the Cape York Agenda.
About Empowered Communities:
Empowered Communities (EC) is about Indigenous people taking greater responsibility, developing and leading their own plans for change. It is led by Indigenous people, for Indigenous people in eight regions across Australia. Cape York Peninsula in Queensland is one of the eight Empowered Community regions. Empowered Communities is about changing the way governments and Indigenous people work together and changing how Indigenous policies and programs are designed and delivered.
About the role:
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to engage the leaders, Indigenous organisations, key stakeholders and members of the community in Cape York on the above reforms.
Success will require excellent interpersonal skills, experience in community engagement and outstanding abilities in translating complex models and concepts to a grass root level, using a range of written, verbal and visual mediums.
A strong grasp of the Federal and State/Territory government way of working will also be essential as will be the ability to develop strong relationships with members of the Empowered Communities Alliances and the Regional Leadership Group
- A knowledge of Australian Indigenous cultures and an ability to communicate effectively with Indigenous Australians and a commitment to their social, economic and cultural development.
- Understanding of, and ability to adhere to Empowered Communities objectives and ability to quickly acquire understanding of complex policy concepts and distil key messages from complex concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the development of communications products using a variety of mediums (visual, verbal, multimedia, video etc.).
- Demonstrated and working understanding of the Federal and State/Territory government ways of working.
- Demonstrated high level and extensive experience working with all levels in Indigenous communities and with senior Indigenous leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in driving stakeholder and community engagement on complex issues.
- Ability to facilitate open and challenging discussions with a wide range of people from community government and corporate backgrounds.
- Relevant experience or qualifications in Project Management.
- Willingness to travel to remote communities regularly.