National guide to a preventive health assessment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people: second edition
18 May, 2012
18 May 2012 | This paper is an up-to-date, evidence-based national resource created to help all health professionals delivering primary health care to Indigenous people.
The use of this guide may help to prevent disease, detect early and unrecognised disease, and promote health. This guide contains Indigenous-specific information on:
- lifestyle factors (including smoking, overweight/obesity, physical activity, and alcohol)
- health among specific populations (child health, adolescent health, and the health of older people)
- chronic conditions (cardiovascular health, rheumatic heart disease, respiratory health, kidney health, diabetes, and cancer)
- infections conditions (sexual health and bloodborne viruses)
- other health conditions (oral health, eye health, ear health, and mental health).
Non government organisation