Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN)
The Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) is a $20 million initiative funded by the Australian Government’s Super Science scheme. The University of Melbourne is the lead agent for the project.
AURIN’s key objectives are to:
- Enhance the understanding of urban resource use and management through the development of multifaceted research infrastructure
- Offer open access to data arising from AURIN to the built environment and urban research communities
- Enable the improved collection and integration of disparate built environment and urban research datasets, including improved modelling and visualisation capacities
- Improve our ability to locate, analyse and disseminate built environment and urban research datasets, including the development of protocols for integrating, analysing and accessing datasets
- Inform resource management and policy decision-making to support greater sustainability (environmental, social and economic) of Australian cities and regions
- Enhance our capability to undertake collaborative research domestically and on an international scale.