Delivered by experienced policy professional, Nonie Malone, and highly experienced evaluation expert, Marion Norton, this program combines a comprehensive research foundation with practical exercises to embed evaluation practice in policy practitioners' and program developers' work. Essential to evidence-informed policy and critical to any program planning and development. Important to anyone who wants to design good policy.
Build your competence to plan, commission and execute robust evaluations – essential for robust policy. This workshop shows how to develop meaningful performance measures to check that policy goals are being realised in implementation – often the missing ingredient to success.
- Understand the role of evaluation in delivering efficient & effective outcomes for government
- Know how to plan for and deliver quality evaluation that is fit for purpose and audience
- Know how to influence the authorising environment to ensure quality evaluations can occur
- Understand and know how to select and use evaluation methodologies
- Develop capability in commissioning and managing evaluations
- Gain and refine program logic skills
- Know how to develop the evidence-base from policy idea to post-program implementation
- Become familiar with the best information available to support your evaluation responsibilities and practice.
You will also receive a free copy of The Australian Policy Handbook.
In-person delivery is at a venue with a current and comprehensive COVID-19 safe plan in place. Remote delivery places are also available.
Find out more: Evaluation Skills for Robust Policy Design and Program Development