Co-author of the highly-acclaimed and longstanding Australian Policy Handbook, Peter Bridgman leads a two-day immersion in policy advice and production. Along with experienced policy professional, Nonie Malone, this is a workshop delivered by practitioners, not academics, and tailored to the work on your desk right now.
Two day workshop: Interactive learning suitable for practitioners at all levels. Learn from experts with years of policy experience at all levels.
- Develop new policy skills and build on your existing skills
- Understand why developing policy advice is hard
- Come away with new tools and frameworks to improve your analysis
- Navigate the complex policy environment
- Distinguish the elements of good policy and learn from policy failure
- Know how to engage stakeholders effectively
- See how policy practitioners lead and manage policy
- Develop confidence in planning and execution for effective implementation and evaluation
- Explore the interface between research, evidence, analysis, implementation and evaluation
- Know how to balance control and flexibility to deal with uncertainty
You will also receive a free copy of The Australian Policy Handbook.
In-person delivery is at a venue with a current and comprehensive COVID-19 safe plan in place. Remote delivery places are also available.
Find out more: Tools and Skills for Policy Practitioners