The Director of Registration and Courses will operate under broad direction and draw on significant public sector and/or regulatory knowledge and experience to influence and set the strategic direction for the Initial Registrations and Courses teams, responsible for the assessment of initial registrations and provider course accreditations. They will translate strategy into operational goals and standards, create plans, provide expert advice, make decisions based on professional judgement, manage risks, and have demonstrated experience in achieving results and business process improvement.
The Director will be responsible for:
- leading high performing teams to deliver core services,
- making specific regulatory decisions under TEQSA’s regulatory frameworks,
- providing advice and guidance on regulatory matters,
- establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships,
- capitalising on the knowledge within the organisation,
- driving and implementing a culture of change and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this position you‘ll have:
- proven experience leading and managing teams in a climate of change, uncertainty and continuous improvement,
- high resilience, self and situational awareness, and emotional intelligence,
- outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills,
- demonstrated experience in driving consensus and cohesion and building staff engagement to deliver high performance,
- the ability to make balanced decisions, analyse and resolve issues and influence decision makers,
- experience conducting, leading and/or managing complex assessments.
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is Australia’s independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education. Our role is to ensure that all higher education providers meet set quality standards so that the interests of students and the reputation of Australia’s higher education sector are promoted and protected. To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking passionate and experienced professionals to join us and contribute to the success of the higher education sector.
Why choose TEQSA?
At TEQSA, we are committed to providing a workplace that recognises, values and rewards the diversity of our employees’ skills and experiences. We want and promote a work environment that is characterised by fairness, personal accountability, and mutual trust and respect. We understand our employees are the key to our success and as a team, our focus is to ensure they feel safe, valued and fulfilled in the work that they do.
What we can offer you
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. The role is Melbourne based, however, TEQSA supports flexible working practices including working from home. We also offer a range of employment benefits including:
- competitive remuneration
- professional development opportunities
- salary packaging options
- and many more.
How to apply
If this looks like the role for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You will be directed to our careers website where you can view the full Position Description and eligibility requirements.