The Director of Policy, Research and Engagement will operate under broad direction and draw on significant higher education and/or public sector policy, research and analysis knowledge and experience to influence and set the strategic direction for the Policy and Research, Engagement and Communications teams. They will lead high performing teams to deliver core services and develop and maintain a strong awareness of emerging sector-wide issues and trends to inform and advise the Commission and prepare policy positions.
The Director will be responsible for:
- establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships,
- analysing data and intelligence, and advising on topical issues in the sector,
- capitalising on the knowledge within the organisation,
- communicating with influence by anticipating and adapting messages to the audience,
- identifying common ground to facilitate agreement and acceptance on highly complex and/or sensitive matters.
To be successful in this position you‘ll have:
- proven experience leading and managing teams in a climate of change, uncertainty and continuous improvement,
- high resilience, self and situational awareness, and emotional intelligence,
- outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills,
- demonstrated experience in driving consensus and cohesion and building staff engagement to deliver high performance,
- the ability to make balanced decisions, analyse and resolve issues and influence decision makers,
- demonstrated project management experience and skills, including the ability to gather intelligence, analyse data, and generate innovative solutions.
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is Australia’s independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education. Our role is to ensure that all higher education providers meet set quality standards so that the interests of students and the reputation of Australia’s higher education sector are promoted and protected. To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking passionate and experienced professionals to join us and contribute to the success of the higher education sector.