The Environment Protection Environment Protection Authority, located within the Construction, Utilities and Environment Protection Branch is seeking an Assistant Director of Water Regulation to lead regulatory work on water resources and lakes.
Access Canberra works across many different regulatory and customer service areas to support the delivery of regulatory reform and red tape reduction, drive government priorities, and implement new initiatives. We use a risk and harm approach to secure regulatory compliance through a broad range of enforcement tools aimed at those not doing the right thing to protect our community.
Under broad policy control and direction:
- As team leader or as part of a team, assist in the implementation of water resource management and environment protection policies, strategies and legislation.
- In consultation with relevant government agencies, review and develop water resource policies and proposals for legislation.
- Prepare and provide advice and responses for government on water resource issues including technical and scientific input.
- Undertake stakeholder and community consultation and liaison as required.
- Represent the Branch, Division, Department and Government on relevant committees, in legal proceedings and in various local, regional and national forums.