Principal Modeller, Pricing and Policy
We have an exciting opportunity in the Pricing and Policy Division at IPART for a Principal Modeller, IPART Officer Grade G.
We are looking for an accomplished Modeller with relevant experience to join collaborative and high performing teams within IPART. You will be provided with the opportunity to take active ownership of your work and play a pivotal role in the decision-making process by engaging directly with the Tribunal.
As a Principal Modeller, you will play a leading role in managing the complex price and financial modelling used to set prices for regulated services. You will also contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of best practice modelling throughout the organisation.
The salary range for the position is $151,046 - $162,663 per annum, plus superannuation and annual leave loading.
We are looking for someone who:
- thrives on analysing information, finding practical solutions and translating policy options into flexible and best practice models?
- can lead and manage the complex modelling required for industry price reviews
- is articulate in explaining policy options and modelling outcomes to stakeholders
- is flexible and highly efficient at time management to address multiple priorities and unforeseen issues
- is enthusiastic about engaging and developing staff and promoting good modelling practice.
- previous similar experience in pricing and financial modelling is a must, as well as relevant qualifications in economics, finance, engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
- Regulatory experience and familiarity with the cost building block framework will be an advantage.
- has tertiary qualifications in economics, accounting, finance, engineering, or other relevant quantitative disciplines, or equivalent demonstrated professional experience
- has significant relevant professional experience in complex economic/financial modelling within a policy or price-setting context.