Your best ideas will lead to nothing if they are not communicated effectively, but it can be difficult to learn how to communicate in a way that has a real impact. Developing an authentic, individual and persuasive communication style is not a given, in fact in our drive to be a professional, we often mask our individuality and obscure our authenticity.
In this online workshop, held over two mornings, Dr Zina O’Leary will help you find that style and share best practice communication strategies to make you more impactful and influential throughout your career.
She will get to the core of what blocks you from communicating at your best, by tackling your fears, and challenging you to tap into your strengths - particularly at times when your default might be to withdraw, avoid or disengage.
Online communication has increased during the COVID-19 pandemic, and this workshop will cover the challenges and opportunities associated with this mode of communication. The program involves discussion, small group work, role plays and individual practice.
What will you learn?
On completion, you will be able to:
- understand why you sometimes feel like an impostor and how to move beyond it
- think and communicate with purpose, clarity, and focus
- use body, voice and language for maximum impact
- communicate with impact online
- manage verbal attacks without becoming defensive or aggressive
- know how to own your space and become more resilient.
Dr Zina O’Leary - Sociologist and social psychologist with expertise in impactful communication and applied research methodologies.
Date: 22-23 July 2020
Time: 11 am - 1.30 pm (each day) AEST