The Turnbull Government has released Australia’s latest Aged Care Diversity Framework, signalling a new, more inclusive era in aged care.
The framework’s six priority areas are:
1. Making informed choices
2. Adopting systemic approaches to planning and implementation
3. Accessible care and support
4. Supporting a proactive and flexible system
5. Respectful and inclusive services
6. Meeting the needs of the most vulnerable
Under the Framework, three action plans will be developed in the first half of 2018, to target particular barriers and challenges faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, CALD communities, and people who identify as LGBTI.