Creative State is the Victorian Government's strategy to strengthen and grow the state's creative industries and the value they bring to Victorians.
Launched in April 2016, following extensive sector and public consultation, the four year strategy is backed by $115 million in new funding.
It contains 40 targeted actions which together provide an integrated plan to grow the state's $23 billion creative and cultural economy, provide more opportunities for Victorians to embark on creative careers and enjoy creative experiences, and position Victoria as a globally recognised creative state.
The actions fall into five areas of focus, these are:
- Backing creative talent: Creating more opportunities to produce and present great work
- Strengthening the creative industries ecosystem: Building capability and conditions for growth
- Delivering wider economic and social impact: Stimulating innovation and wider creative impact
- Increasing participation and access: Engaging more Victorians in creative and cultural endeavour
- Building international engagement: Extending Victoria's impact and profile for global audiences, visitors and markets