The NQF Evaluation Framework was developed by ACECQA with state and territory governments and the Australian Government to provide a common way of understanding whether and how the Nation Quality Framework (NQF) is meeting its objectives.
The framework lays the foundation and parameters for ongoing evaluation projects that link to the objectives. It builds a shared understanding of what needs to be evaluated and why, and provides governments with a common reference point when considering existing and future research activities.
The NQF objectives can be summarised as:
- ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of children attending education and care services
- improving the educational and developmental outcomes of children attending education and care services
- promoting continuous improvement in the quality of education and care services
- improving the efficiency of regulating education and care services
- improving public knowledge and access to information about the quality of education and care services.