The ACCC has completed its eighth annual report under the Water Act 2007 (Cth). The report provides information on the state of the rural water sector in the Murray-Darling Basin for the 2016–17 financial year. It covers:
- an overview of relevant policy developments and other matters affecting Infrastructure Operators (IOs) and the rural water sector
- changes in regulated water charges and trends across time, location, network type and Basin State
- transformation and termination activity reported by irrigation infrastructure operators
- tradeable water rights activity into, out of and within off-river IO networks, and the associated charges
- the costs of water planning and management (WPM) activities and revenues from WPM charges reported by Basin States
- investigations into compliance with the water market rules and the water charge rules.